Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Terrain Tuesday - Hab Block Update #terraintuesday

I thought I 'd take the opportunity to add another article series to my current repertoire after being inspired by the twitter trend #terraintuesday that a number of Wargamers around the world contribute to.  By doing so, I'm hoping it will allow me to continue making progress on my various terrain projects I have on the go.

First off the rank is my long-running Hab Block.  This is a project I've been working on for some time now and have finally gotten around to putting paint on the building and its surrounding base.  The building was base-coated with grey priming spray before adding successive highlights with a lighter spray and multiple layers of dry-brushing.  Following a suggestion made in a White Dwarf, I've applied the highlights in a circular pattern in an attempt to minimise the 'streaking' pattern that comes from dry-brushing over large surfaces.






The next stage of the project was to paint the base of the building.  I've used a generic dark brown paint called 'Burnt Umber' as a base colour before applying successive dry-brush layers of Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone to match not only the bases of my Salamanders, but also follows the colouring of my 40K table.  As a means of enhancing the 'ruined' feel of the building, I've also added a light dry-brush of both Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone across the majority of the building.









With the majority of the work completed, I can move on towards getting the details painted.  The barricades will provide a great opportunity for adding some moderate detail work before the wash is applied.

Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment