First off the rank is my long-running Hab Block. This is a project I've been working on for some time now and have finally gotten around to putting paint on the building and its surrounding base. The building was base-coated with grey priming spray before adding successive highlights with a lighter spray and multiple layers of dry-brushing. Following a suggestion made in a White Dwarf, I've applied the highlights in a circular pattern in an attempt to minimise the 'streaking' pattern that comes from dry-brushing over large surfaces.
The next stage of the project was to paint the base of the building. I've used a generic dark brown paint called 'Burnt Umber' as a base colour before applying successive dry-brush layers of Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone to match not only the bases of my Salamanders, but also follows the colouring of my 40K table. As a means of enhancing the 'ruined' feel of the building, I've also added a light dry-brush of both Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone across the majority of the building.
Catch you all later,