Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Terrain Tuesday – Hab-Block Completed



My second Tuesday and my second blog post.  This certainly bodes well for the future of this series.  After feeling inspired last week, I managed to make some great progress towards getting the terrain piece completed.  Settling in front of the TV, I applied the basecoat for all the sandbags.  The sandbags and the rest of the building was given a coat of Army Painter Strong Tone.  Best Devlan Mud replacement ever.  Using my airbrush, I have the entire building a watered down coat of the stuff before adding more as necessary using a brush. 






With the wash applied, I've decided to call the building done.  While there’s so much more I’d like to add, I need to draw the line somewhere otherwise I'll never finish it.  With the Hab-Block finally painted, I'm free to move onto my next project, though I'm still deciding between the Adeptus Mechanicus building or the Adeptus Arbites HQ.  Who knows?  I might decide to work on both as yet.



Catch you all later,

Trev 

2 comments:

  1. rather liking your arbites building =)

    "While there’s so much more I’d like to add, I need to draw the line somewhere otherwise I'll never finish it."
    I'm currently trying to just get things done to a 'good enough/that'll do' sort of standard myself to catch up on things as I've had a couple of armies just lying in boxes ready to be sorted for a few years...
    If anything tell yourself you'll revisit the hab-block once you've caught up with everything else, to add those last finishing touches. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting Jessica! It's always good to see different people visiting and leaving comments :).

    I really appreciate your advice on making a promise to add those last couple of touches after everything is done. This is definitely something I will be adopting for this and future projects you can be sure :).

    Really digging your blog Neon Pink Apokalypse by the way, consider me subscribed!

    ReplyDelete