Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Salamander Update – Vel’cona Completed!


This week was a very productive one in regards to the hobby.  Not only have I managed to finally finish the Hab Block terrain piece, but I've also finally completed my newest Librarian conversion.  As I mentioned previously, this model will represent Master Librarian Vel’cona for the purposes of ‘Forging a Narrative’ in my games.  Rules-wise, I'll be using a Forgeworld special character by the name of Magister Sevrin Loth, whose rules can be found in Imperial Armour 9 – The Badab War Part 1.

Before...
After!!!










With Vel’cona completed, I'm at a slight loss as to what project I should move onto next.  I'm inclined to continue my work on the Sternguard Veterans, if only to finish the first 5.  Or perhaps I'll continue my work on the unit filler for my Warriors of Chaos army.  More than likely I'll do a bit of both (hmmmm.... sensing a theme here).  With this guy finished, my resolution tracker looks a bit like this:

Miniatures Purchased: 8
Miniatures Painted: 42
Points of Painted Salamanders: 700 pts

Catch you all later

Trev

4 comments:

  1. I like this! I am impressed with the skin-tone and the drake cloak. Is the cloak one of the fantasy Dark Elf Corsair cloaks? Thanks for sharing! I am following these Salamander posts with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I've made such an impact David :). The cloak is indeed one from the Dark Corsair Kit, and makes an appearance on all my HQ models as I build / convert them.

    I have to admit, I'm eagerly reading your previous posts on your own blog Ex Fide Vivo. Your Blood Angels are very impressive indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words. I am preparing to start on some Great Crusade era Salamanders and have enjoyed seeing what you are doing with them. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To say I'm keen to see that's object started is somewhat of an understatement David :-). Heresy era Salamanders will be a mighty fine army and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete