Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Salamander Update – Green Relics

I’ve been working in getting a Dreadnought painted for my Salamanders Army for nigh on a year now, and I’m happy to announce that I’m finally making some progress. After starting these arms at the beginning of the year, I’d managed to paint the Assault Cannon pretty quickly, but stalled terribly when it came to the close-combat arm. I couldn't decide how I wanted to paint the fist and spent hours pouring over photos of mini’s searching for something to give me inspiration. In the end I went with something I feel is a little generic, but perfectly suiting for my first Dread.

With the arms painted, I get to move onto the main body of the miniature which presents a different challenge entirely. Considering the sheer amount of detail that can be found on just the legs, the sarcophagus itself will be time consuming to say the least. On the upside, it will mean that the fellow will look nothing less than stunning when he hits the table in his Drop Pod, followed by three of his closest friends.

With the arms done, I've decided I’ll move onto the legs next and get them out of the way as fast as I can. Once they are done, I can move onto the upper body and have a bit of fun with the painting process. I'm hoping that I can incorporate a little bit of freehand flames into the chassis so this Relic of aeons past will really stand out. As it stands, I have much to finish yet:

Catch you all later



  1. Looking good. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    1. Thanks for the encouragement mate, hopefully there will be an announcement over the next week or so :)