Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WoC Update - Release the Hounds!



Last week I decided that painting just one unit of low-point models wasn't nearly enough so I started painting a second unit of Chaos Hounds.  Like the previous unit, I've used the old GW wolves from the Orc and Goblin Wolf Riders box and have just painted them without a rider.  As these models are on loan from a mate, it'll be interesting to see what happens when he needs them back.  Most likely you'll be seeing another article very similar to this one as I paint a third unit of hounds.




Overall, the painting process was relatively simple, using multiple levels of highlights before adding a wash and applying the final layer of drybrushing again.  Overall, the end product is definitely effective and will be a process I'll apply of all my Chaos Hounds from now on.

On another note, I've been working on my Mordheim Norse Warband lately as my local gaming group has decided to revisit it for 2012.  I'm a big fan of the system as it allows for plenty of opportunities for fun games and some really wacky conversions... like the mini below!  It's my WIP Wulfen Mini that I've converted using a Gor body, some GS and some Tyranid bits.  Hopefully I'll be able to get this guy painted in the next few weeks.



Catch you all later

Trev

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of the Wulfen model. But instead of the helmet, maybe one of the heads in the link below would fit better. I'm going to start building a similar warband, and coaxing my local GW to start a campaign. As a side note, when the new Space Wolves come out, will definitively need to invest in those for the army. Again, amazing model.

    L
    http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=97

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, where did you get the hands from? are they ghoul hands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genestealer hands wont help him hurt my Totem Warrior

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hands are rending claws from the Tyranid mid-sized critter range that covers Genestealers, Warriors and Lictors and while they might not help me hurt a Totem Warrior, you can be sure that warrior will be groped within an inch of his life.

    Thanks L for the link to those heads. they are indeed perfect for what I'm after and will be placing an order as soon as I possibly can. You can bet on it!

    ReplyDelete