Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

#TerrainTuesday - You got bush?


For all those wonderfully perverted hopefuls out there, the picture shown above has no relation at all to what I'm writing about.  Got you to click on the link though didn't it?  No, the retro bush I'm referring to is an old modelling technique used by good ol' Gee Dubs back in the 90's before the became less 'here's-how-you-do-it-at-home' and more 'buy-our-product-or-else!'



This week's project focuses on one of the most plentiful and possibly one of the most unlikely kitchen utensils found in the home - a scouring pad.  Those who were gaming in the 90's will remember this little gem as a quick and easy means of creating hedges and foliage heavy fencing.  As a means of adding more depth to the project, I'll be making the hedges modular and capable of fitting around either of my buildings.  So far I've gotten the corner pieces built (the base shape anyway) and this will be used as a basis for my future work.




As can be seen, it provides pretty damn good cover for standard infantry - blocking line of sight like a pro.






Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment