Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#TerrainTuesday - Green to the power of Blarg!


Yay! Finally another blog article has emerged from the near-infinite singularity that is my brain.  I'm sure you'll be as glad as I am to know that this article comes complete  with a wholesome, condensed, multi-layered serving of crazy..... assuming your psychological viewpoint would classify the following as crazy.... but that ism totally dependent on your viewpoint on what is consider normal, and we all know there's no such thing as normal.....




From humble beginnings.....
But I digress! This article is NOT about my questionable hold of ideological sanity, rather it is about how I've managed to achieve some level of progress with the hedges I've been building.  As you may call from my last article (it was a while back now, so you may struggle a little. If so, feel free to check out the link), I've been using scouring pads to create the basis of my shrubbery which has resulted in epic levels of retro chic being awarded (thanks everyone!!). Since then, I've managed to finish assembling all the hedges I started; including one whose base consists of several components because I wasn't keen on wasting some of the extra pieces of foamcore.  Admittedly after several attempts to marry the two pieces, I wished I'd binned the damned off cuts and made a fresh base.  Still, what's done is done and now the basic hedges a finished.  Now it's time for the basing process....

We hedge our bets.....

A cozy little estate...

A place where your armies can run around....
BONUS CONTENT!!! Behold! A cautionary tale of Terrain Pyromancy! In a mad desire to provide my greenery with some quasi-realistic 'battle-damage', I decided it was a good idea to gently apply some heat to one of the scouring pads to see if I could burn a hole through the hedge itself.  At least that was the plan.  What actually happened was I took to the hedge with a blow-torch and while scorching a chunk of the hedge, also produced a cloud of gnarly fumes to boot.  Deciding brain-cells were more important than realism, I quickly put out the embers before banishing the piece to the garage, determined to recover it once the smoke had cleared (literally).

It's the small scorch marks that make such heinous scents...
Well, that's it for me today, hopefully my next article will be swift in it's publishing.  God knows I'd could do with some more opportunities for hobby-related ranting....

Until next time, catch you all later

Trev

2 comments:

  1. good call on the brain cells. I like the way the hedges are turning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, certainly need to preserve the limited supply of brain cells I have left. You gotta have that higher cognitive function to apply glue correctly to all the fiddly bits on models ;)

      Delete