Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Painting Update - Getting High


.... On Elves!! Earlier this year I decided to paint up a couple of random High Elf Archers for a bit of a laugh. Truth be told, I have a decent chunk of elves sitting in (various) cupboards but I've never gotten around to painting them... until now.



Everyone needs a bag o' Elves

Deciding early on not to go into any huge level of detail with the paint scheme, I grabbed a trio of archers from the bag pictured above and got stuck in.  While not super-refined miniatures, these early GW plastics have still got great amounts of detail, allowing me to enjoy the painting process all the more. Due to my illicit love affair with Eltharion the Blind (also known as Master-Jedi Eltharion) and Swordmasters as a whole, a Saphery theme was pretty much a given.  As can be seen in the pictures below, I've utilised a darker blue as the main colour, with elements of white as a spot colour in various places.  Not hugely imaginative by any means, bit it differs from the 'standard' paint scheme while allowing me to use a lot of blue which is a colour I really enjoy working with.












While we're at it, let's update some stats:

Miniatures Purchased: 40
Miniatures Painted: 19
Points of Painted High Elves: 33 pts 

Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment