Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hobby Update - A Quick Trip to Gotham


Sometimes there are games that sweep you up and spirit you away and before you fully realise  what's going on, you've bought an army and am planning a table to go with it.  This was my reality two weeks ago when I was talking to my mate Nathan about the Batman Miniatures Game.  In a space of 12 hours after the discussion he'd visited the site, perused the miniatures range and downloaded the rulebook.  In the process he'd also convinced me to download and browse the rulebook for myself as well as join a couple of Facebook groups related to the game.





Miniature Market over in the US were having a sale on Batman Minis so it was the perfect time to take a chance and pick up a starter gang each and get a feel for the game.  When Nathan asked me if I wanted to get in on the order I dived in with both feet, putting an order in for a League of Shadows starter gang (complete with Liam Neeson as Ra's), the Tom Hardy Bane and Talia Al Ghul for a price that's less than the cost of a 40K Codex nowadays.  So I had rules, miniatures and most importantly, an opponent.  All I needed to do now was wait for the delivery.  I couldn't help myself though and while perusing the Batal Games online store I picked up Nyssa Al Ghul (it's all Ghul now...) and an extra blister pack of ninjas to give me some extra variety.




Now after all the excitement, I get to sit down and build some models which is always a large part of the fun.

Catch you all later,

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment