Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TerrainTuesday - Laying a solid foundation


Progress on the house has been good over the past week, with the roof being competed and door installed.  For the most part, the door isn't much more than balsa wood and cardboard strips, though I think it's come out looking really effective.







With the main details done, I've begun preparing the base that will support the house.  Like the last one, I'm using a chunk of polystyrene glued to a sheet of foam-core.  Thus far the foam has been cut to size and glued to the base before getting a coating of modelling paste.  The last step is a new one that I'm trying out as a means of testing just how far I can push the modelling paste while still maintaining a level of usability.  Unfortunately the surge of wet weather here has inhibited the drying process, leaving it still wet which is unfortunate.  Hopefully I'll have some more progress on this base by next week.


I was very surprised to learn that Marzipan makes great
basing material...



Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment