Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Terrain Update - The house that Trev built pt. 1


With the conclusion of the Vogen campaign that I was running, the hobbyist in me has been gravitating towards Warhammer Fantasy projects as a change of pace.  With the release of the new Warriors of Chaos book, this urge has only grown stronger.  As an additional bonus, this new-found enthusiasm for Fantasy means that I'll finally be starting work on terrain that will decorate my own table as opposed to the many tables of my local club.









The house I've included above is a terrain project that I've been working on in fits and spurts for the better part of a year now.  Towards the end of last year, I was inspired to finish the building process and begin painting.  For the most part the painting process is completed with the exception of a couple of detail pieces and the liberal application of snow. Suitably inspired by my efforts, I decided to build a second, albeit much smaller house to act as a companion to this one.  Below are series of WIP shots of not only the smaller house as it comes together, but as a bonus, I've also included WIP pics of the big house as well.  Hopefully, this will provide you guys with some idea how both projects have come together.

Big House Framework:






Little House Framework:







I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of this project.  I'd also like your thoughts on possible details I could add to the little house in a similar vein to the ones decorating the larger house.  Should I go with more horned skulls or should I do something different?

Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment