Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

WOC Update: Khorne in a Can! Bronze Spray Paint = MEGA WIN!!!!!!!

I don’t know about you, but I love wandering through hardware stores.  I’m not a tradesman by any stretch of the imagination and I’d only be considered a handyman if all of your problems can be fixed with the liberal manipulation of kinetic energy using a variety of handy implements (usually large and heavy in nature, quite possibly resembling a hammer or some other type of blunt instrument).  That being said, within every hardware store (and some auto stores too), there is a whole world of wondrous items waiting to be discovered - From blades of every size, shape and inclination to random small hose connections that scream drainage system.  It is within one of these wondrous establishments that I made my greatest discovery – Bronze Spray paint. 

I know, I know, it’s a bit of an anticlimax isn’t it?  For those who already know of its existence, it’s a very ho-hum affair.  But for those such as I, who have slaved under the white light of an eco-conscious fluorescent light bulb, applying layer upon layer of bronze paint onto Chaos Warrior armour, this is a Gift from the very Gods themselves.  With one fell-swoop I’m able to undercoat and basecoat the armour of a Chaos Warrior, creating a solid layer of colour that I can build up from basecoat to highlight in a matter of minutes rather than hours. The best part is – I no longer need my extensive collection of Dwarf Bronze paint pots filled with bronze paint of varying consistency (all of them victims of my inability to come up with a solid paint / water ratio for the GW Spray Gun).  For all of you who actually own an airbrush I am acutely aware of the fact that using the GW Spray Gun of Fail was more than likely a contributing factor.  However all of that is now a thing of the past with my latest discovery. 

Now, armed with a small pallet fully laden with cans of Bronze spray paint and the boundless enthusiasm of youth, I go forth to swiftly paint Chaos Warriors!  Woe betide those who stand between me and my fully-laden +1 Mace of Undercoating!!  As can be seen below, my trusty mace has been getting a bit of a workout as I steadily undercoat my unit Khorne Warriors with Two hand-weapons.  Below are a couple of pics showing the undercoating process and several WIP pics.













Catch you all Later

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment