Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

40K Update: First among equals – the Deathwatch have arrived!

So I thought I'd try something different in the way I format and post my Blog posts.  Rather than have one giant article, I thought I'd break then up into smaller articles with more photos so that's there's not as much commentary to wade through.  Let me know what you think about this new layout.


Anyhow, while working on terrain for my 40K board, I’ve succumbed to the siren song of Emperor’s finest and completed a couple of models that have been demanding my attention for some time now.  The first of these was my Salamander Chaplain who was introduced to this Blog during one of my initial posts.  Having him completed is both rewarding and frustrating.  Rewarding because I now have an exceptionally painted Chaplain model to use in my games and frustrating considering all that was left to do was the cluster of purity seals on the rear of his power-pack. 





In addition to this, I’ve been able to finish two of my Deathwatch Marines that I’ve had on my painting desk for quite a while now.  I’ve always loved the look and feel of the Deathwatch – the best of the best, all receiving elite training that will turn them into the greatest Alien-hunters in the Imperium of Man.  The fact that many chapters have had members trained in the Deathwatch means that I can indulge myself and paint a range of Chapter colours without being stuck with an army that is disjointed and hap-hazard.  The Sternguard from the standard Space Marine codex is the perfect unit to use as a basis for including my Deathwatch in games, giving me a powerful, yet very thematic feel to my games.  Of latest two that have been completed, one is from the Legion of the Damned (a very unfluffy choice I know), while the second is from a friend’s Custom Space Marine Chapter based around the Iron Hands.  These two will join my other 5 painted Deathwatch Marines who have been included in Photos below.  As always, any comments or criticisms are encouraged. 








No comments:

Post a Comment