Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Batman Update: Bringing Colour to the Shadows

Stolen from dribble.com
In what seems to be a mass-burst of hobby mojo, I've started painting my League of Shadows gang and have been pleasantly startled at the speed that they're coming together.  The initial hesitation I'd normally feel when I approach a new painting project is nowhere to be seen which has meant I've been able to dive in with both feet.  I'm not sure what has allowed me to put aside these hesitations, but I'm not going to question its absence right now; a gift horse scenario to be sure.  Perhaps I've just been inspired by Shia LaBeouf



I'm finding the painting process at this point to be really straight forward, capitalising on the crisp edges and subtle details found in the ninja's armour and clothing.  The fact that they are essentially a single colour no doubt also helped make the job easier.  Thus far I've cleaned out the LoS starter box, painting up Ra's and the three warriors accompanying him.  I've also added the finishing touches to my first blister pack of additional minis and one of the Agents from the Lady Shiva box, bringing the total number of painted minis to seven.  The chosen agent is a delightful young woman whose skill with a blade is not to be sniffed at, but whose true talent lies in the ability to go undercover.  I'm departing from the studio colour scheme with Shiva and her minions however, preferring to continue with the scheme I've already established to maintain a level of colour coherency.
















I'm looking at adding some extra details to the base of each of these models, though I'm as yet unsure about what to add.  Current possibilities include bricks, cigarettes and waste paper, but each of these will require further exploration before I make a definite decision.  Until that time however, I've got shadows to paint...

Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment