Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#TerrainTuesday: Beating around the Bush


Over the past couple of weeks, I feel as though I've learned a thing or two - The first of which that will no doubt be many lessons is that a project of this scope takes a considerable amount of time.  Not really a shocking revelation I suppose, at least if you think about it.  60-odd inches of scouring pad, all needing to be covered with clump foliage on both sides.  It's gonna take a while.  Second thing I've learned - cheap superglue is your friend.  At this point I've gone through no less than 9 packets of glue, all containing 6 tubes of glue.  54 tubes!?!?!?  and the scary thing is that I'm only about two-thirds there!!  This does not bode well for my future forestry project...





Maybe I'll only need 2 or 3 packs of Superglue...

Can't believe I ran out of superglue mid-hedge again...

Thankfully though, progress is easily tracked and such readily apparent progress encourages me to continue, and continued I have.  Despite the slow-burn pace of the project, I can see the finish line, spurring me on towards victory.  Just need to pick up another 5 or 6 packs of superglue....

Catch you all later,

Trev

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get glue in packets of 6? Here in Utah, USA, I can only ever find packets of 3. I ought not complain, though since they are only $1 a packet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Xi, thanks for taking the time to comment! I pick up my packs of Superglue at one of the several $2 Shops that populate my local area. While the brand names differ from store to store, the number of tubes provided seems to remain the same, which has worked out well for me in this instance :)

    ReplyDelete