Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Salamander Update - Vel'cona Pt 2


Holidays are an ironic time for me hobby-wise.  Whenever I take time off, I always picture myself spending hours at my painting table, plugging away at the many (and varied) projects that require my attention.  But the reality usually in the complete opposite.  I seem to do everything BUT painting.  Hell, I've only just started looking at Twitter again after a two-week hiatus.  The ironic this is once I return to work, I find myself browsing the twitter feed and mentally allocated time to paint during the week.  All the evidence seem to indicate that holidays are detrimental to my hobby!!

How he looked last time we saw him...
Since the last article, I've dedicated a good bit of time getting the detail work completed on the Librarian's right side.  Pauldron, arm and force axe have all received some attention and for the most part, I'm quite happy with the results.  The shoulder pad was feeling a little flat with only the sculpted detail, but I think the free-hand flames help add an extra bit of detail to detract from the black background.  I've had to repaint the halt of the force axe, because I wasn't happy with the first paint job I did.  I'm much happier with it this time around.






Nest on my list is to do the backpack before I do the face.  I've got an idea for the face that I would dearly like to try, though I want to get back into the painting groove before I try it out.

Catch you all later.

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment