Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Terrain Update – More Craters!




As a bit of a break from painting miniatures, I decided to dedicate some time to finishing off the last two craters that I bought from Amera Plastic Mouldings.  Like the others, these two were undercoated black before being base-coated using scorched brown. Once dry, the entire surface was stippled with Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone before being given 2 coats of Devlan Mud as well as a layer of Badab Black in the centre.  



Once the washes were dry, I painted the edges of the terrain piece with Chardon Granite before sealing both craters with a matte spray-sealant.  Never be stingy when buying your sealant, especially if it’s inside a spray can – you don’t want all your hard work going to crap because you wanted to save $15 after painting an entire Space Marine Company.



With these two craters finished, I'm proud to say that the last of my Amera Terrain has been completed!  This means that I not have access a wide selection of craters and tank traps of differing sizes as well as two sizable barricades that are capable of easily cover for an entire unit of Space Marines.  All I need now is to paint a couple of buildings and I'll have the makings of a city-fight table.



My WIP pic this time is a building that I’ve been working on for quite some time now.  With one of these buildings already complete and another waiting to be based; getting this one painted ready for the table will mean that I’m one step closer to having a 40K table whose colour scheme matches my Salamander Army. 




Catch you all later

Trev 

No comments:

Post a Comment