Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

WoC Update: Avatars of Wulfrik Pt 1



For the last couple of days now, I’ve been working on preparing yet another hero model to add to my Chaos Army.  This is a model that I bought a year or two back when it was first released by Avatars of War.  The model’s pose, the eye-catching armour and the realistic sizing of the weapons immediately caught my attention and was subsequently purchased in a fit of impulsiveness that characterises all my Warhammer spending to date. 

Starting out with the base model, I’ve removed the tab so he can be fitted to a resin base.  One of the cooler things about this model is that it comes with a range of weapon options that you can use to arm your Warrior.  I’ve chosen to give him a shield and an axe as Wulfrik is armed with a Hand Weapon and Shield.




With the model built, it was time to try out the Liquid Green Stuff to see how well it would work with metal models.  After successfully using the Liquid Green Stuff (LGS) on resin models, there was some concern about just how well would it work when used on metal.  Thankfully, this concern was unfounded and the LGS went on without a hitch.  As can be seen in the pictures above (and below), there are aspects on the  model's wrist and head that have received some attention and it has integrated itself seamlessly with the remainder of the model.



With the assembly done, it was time to undercoat.  There’s a decent chunk of armour on this model, so I’ve base coated the entire model Bronze to make my life a little easier.  A quick highlight and a wash or two will complete the armour while the flesh will take a little bit of extra effort. 





With the base coat is done, and some of the base coat colours applied to the model and washed, the miniature quickly approaching a sound table-top quality.  As I'm currently involved in a challenge to have this model painted by the end of the month, you can be assured this will not be the last you’ll see of him.  I have plans to finish the detail work shortly, but for now, my attention is needed elsewhere.





Catch you all later

Trev 

1 comment: