Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The march to Ides has begun

This week has been a flurry of panicked activity as I hastily assemble an army to take to Ides of March in Brisbane on the 12th and 13th of March (as the name may suggest).  With the army size set at 2400 points, a lofty bar has been set for my newly budding Chaos army, particularly given the hastily approaching deadline.  But, as they say, nothing provides you with focus like a deadline J.  To further provide a focus for my efforts, I’ve decided to theme my army around an uneasy alliance between a Khorne Lord and his Tzeentch minions.  With the current state of 8th Edition and the meta-game surrounding the Australian tourney scene, my Nurgle army will have to wait until my current force is completed.  Or at least until this tournament is over and I can dedicate enough time to such a significant modelling project ;).  But that’s after the tournament.  What’s important right now is the progress I’ve made on my Warrior unit with shields.  Currently I’m completing the second rank of warriors, which combined with some of the warriors from my old version of the army, will create a completely painted unit of 20.  The use of warriors from my previous army is purely to reduce the number of models I need to have painted in such a short period of time as the less models I need to paint, the more likely I’m going to be able to attend the tournament with a fully painted force to gain maximum painting scores.  For the army that I want to take to Ides, I’ll need to finish the following:

Chaos Lord on Juggernaut
1 Sorcerer
2 Units of 12 Chaos Warriors with additional Hand Weapons
20 Marauders with Flails
5 Chaos Hounds
Chaos Chariot
4 Ogres with additional Hand Weapons

While a seemingly large number of troops to paint, I think with a few short-cuts (and some imaginative unit fillers), I’ll be able to get these models painted in time.  But for now, here are a couple of shots of the work I’ve completed thus far this week: 

Got the second rank of Warriors assembled and partially painted






WIP Warriors rear

Salamander Chaplain


Chaplain rear

No comments:

Post a Comment