Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

#Terrain Tuesday - Bus Stop Paint Shop


What do you get when you cross a low hobby drive and no internet?  Nothing! And that's exactly what's been happening with this blog the last couple of weeks.  Thankfully though, I'm a stubborn bastard and I'm not about to let this blog die just yet.  Yeah I know, you thought you were free of me, but guess again! You're stuck with me for at least another week or so.  The thing is, with little hobby drive to build terrain, I'm a little limited on the progress I can share.  Limited, but not incapable...





A while back (actually to be fair it was more like a loooooong time ago) I appropriated a number of pre-cast foam pieces that upon examination would be suitable for incorporation into my club's local 40k collection.  Smashing together some bits and bobs, I was able to come up with a terrain piece that I've affectionately called 'the Bus Stop'.  Since it's creation, the piece has languished unused and undeveloped until recently when in a fit of hobby productivity, I broke out the air brush and gave the entire thing as coating of Vallejo's US Olive Drab, intending on making this building stand out from the others on the table (at least initially).  Once done, I dusted the piece with various shades of gray (significantly less than 50) before declaring the initial colouring of the building itself complete.




Once the main  colours were done, it was time for the fun part - painting the details.  For the most part, most of the detail work was 'quick and dirty', with only basecoat colours being applied in preparation for the application of a wash to add depth and detail.






Catch you all later,

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment